WTN Technology Services
World Team Now offers to communities services to team up with other entities on renewable energy demonstration projects to raise awareness about emergent technology to benefit the public at large and encourage adoption. Part of the service WTN provides is finding a win/win motivation for municipalities, utilities to work with corporations; for profit and non-profit, private individuals and the public to coordinate and engage all, in the making of the WTN project.
- Campaign on Electric Vehicles (EVs) Public Adoption. WTN provides technical advice and services to catalyze widespread adoption of Electric Vehicles.
WTN acts as an ambassador to inform, educate, and demonstrate the use of electric vehicles. We strategically aid overcoming the hurdles of new technology, with both technical, and financial, challenges as well as public perception to enforce widespread adoption of EVs.
WTN works with the public, communities, corporations and all stakeholders, from electric vehicle manufactures to municipal governments, and Principalities. We have brought in emerging vehicles like Tesla, Fisker, the Leaf and others for events like The Malibu EV Charger Installation, Earth Day, and other global EV activities.
With the City of Malibu we worked to upgrade and execute an EV Charger Installation. We first built a constituency to encourage the City of Malibu to accept the grant from the California Energy Commission (CEC) for the J1772 new plug standard for new Chargers. We gained local support through media and letters to the editors, then through petitioning the City Council. We teamed-up with Southern California Edison, Clipper Creek, and local citizens interested in seeing the chargers installed. We organized a public based constituency, and brought representatives to the City Council meeting. We then coordinated with The City of Malibu's Department of Public Works, EV Connect and other entities for the EV Charger's installation, and produced the our World Team short film. We coordinated vehicles from Hertz entertainment Services and Hertz on Demand, along with celebrities like actor/activist Larry Hagman and other public figures.
Teaming up with the City of Malibu, WTN has sponsored and participated in several Earth Day Events. We coordinated EVs, and produced for several years the annual is events included with the Malibu Chamber of Commerce and the Malibu Country Mart for Earth Day with the support of several OEM's like Nissan of TO, with a EV Ride & Drive, and public expo. We publically promoted EVs by sharing materials constantly in demonstrating their use at local Malibu events like the annual Malibu Chili Cook-Off, and we continued to discuss this topic as far away as at the United Nation's Rio+20, EVS21 Monaco, and the EV America campaign, where we drove across the USA, Coast to Coast. We have filmed many of these events & activities to make shorts to promote electric vehicle adoption.
Breaking News and EVS Research. There are policy barriers that currently hinder adoption of EVs and associated charging technologies, and WTN is involved in the introduction of new policy and the changes in existing policy. WTN has written technical articles on electrification of vehicles including current assessment, the enabling technology and the remaining technology and policy hurdles, to widespread adoption. WTN also has written in the popular press on similar topics. WTN continues to seek demonstration opportunities, of totally renewable energy charging of electric vehicles with the installation of EV chargers. WTN plans to install a donated solar carport as a demonstration project to support EV's charging to a renewable energy source.
Electric Vehicles and Charging Infrastructure
05/07/2014: BMW i, Malibu (Solar Carport Demo)
11/25/2013: The LA Auto Show 2013- Driving Our “Eco” Future
09/21/2013: The 8th annual AltCar Expo
03/21/2013: "Circle-Up" on Renewable Energy Solutions EV Ride & Drive
12/08/2012: “LA Auto Show- Renewed”
10/11/2012: CA Innovation Leads with EVs, Renewable Energy Policy and Law
10/01/2012: My First AltCar Expo, 2012
04/15/2012: More than a Flying Car, Electrifies the International New York Auto Show
09/22/2011: WTN newsletter: Be the "Charge" You Want to See!
09/22/2011: Variants of Hot “Chili” and Climate Change
09/18/2011: EV Charging to Solar Energy Video
06/21/2011: WTN newsletter: Will your next car be electric?
06/09/2011: Electric Vehicles' Karma
12/15/2009: Copenhagen ‘E-Race' Erases CO2 Plus Other Civil Society Adventures
8/4/2011: World Team Now's Malibu EV Charger Initiative
8/04/2011: Read about it here — Team Leads “Charge” with New EV Stations and Vehicles in Malibu
7/29/2011: Press Release: Team Leads “Charge” at Ribbon Cutting for Electric Vehicle Stations in Malibu.
07/27/2011: WTN's Press Release on the Installation of the City of Malibu Electric Vehicle Charging Stations.
07/26/2011: Time for the “Charge,” The City of Malibu's Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
03/02/2011: Malibu's Electric Vehicle Chargers
03/02/2011: Our video Malibu EV Charge! World Team Now on the Malibu City Council Meeting
6/18/2011: Vehicle Electrification: Status and Issues
Our article, "Vehicle Electrification: Status and Issues", appears in the June Proceedings of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) special issue on the Smart Grid. Suzanne Maxx and Albert Boulanger, of World Team Now are two of the authors.
- To read our published paper, "Vehicle Electrification: Status and Issues", as it appears in the June Proceedings of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) special issue on the Smart Grid, click here. (However this version has trouble with hyperlinks in its bibliography.)
- To read our freely accessible pre-published version of the article "Vehicle Electrification: Status and Issues", with hyperlinks in the references functional, click here.
- For a list of the EVs, click here. (Select bottom tab and choose from BEV,HEV, or PHEV. This is reference 42 in the paper.)
- To read "Adaptive Stochastic Control for the Smart Grid" (in the same IEEE issue) Albert Boulanger of World Team Now, writes with a team on a control methodology for the Smart Grid, click here.
- For a table of contents of all the articles in the Smart Grid issue, click here.
- Policy & Permitting of Renewable Energy Projects. Similar technology and policy challenges exist in the installation of renewable energy projects. WTN acts to advise, catalyze, assemble, create favorable policy and demonstrate the possibility and value of renewable energy projects for solar, wind and tidal energy. A current project is in development on one of the Hawaii Islands that could be a pilot projects for the World Team involving:
- Bottling water using renewable energy
- Solar Energy Installation
- Wind Energy Installation
- Tidal Energy
- Community Garden
- Cultural Center
- Net Zero Building demo of yurt and other zero impact building structures
Local Net Metering Energy Initiative Brightens the way for Global World Team Project
10/11/2012: CA Innovation Leads with EVs, Renewable Energy Policy and Law
05/16/2011: Innovation Takes Flight, Destruction on Heals
05/10/2011: Spotlight on Renewable Energy U.N.'s IPCC Report
05/06/2011: Non-sense: the nuclear path
04/20/2011: Energy and Our Future with Earth
11/25/2010: Solar Eagle Takes Flight
11/02/2010: Solar, the Key to Change the Game for Our Future
03/02/2010: Climate Change- Action for Renewable Energy Policy
09/14/2009: The Flow of Tidal Energy
10/12/2009: “The Sunset” is on the Rize
10/09/2009: “Yes,” He Can–Executive Order
03/25/2009: The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) & ?? ; pinyin: w e ij i
02/20/2009: Eco-onomy/cology Movement
02/14/2009: Stimulus for Transformation?
02/05/2009: Solar Energy: Here Comes the Sun
07/23/2008: Alternative Energy
- Multimedia Platform. The World Team multimedia project involves “extreme makeovers” of societies' large carbon footprints. WTN identifies, incubates, and assembles green technologies for these makeover transformations. WTN is responsible for the ongoing awareness, promotion, advice, and further improvement of these technologies in the community after the project completion. Figure 1 below summarizes how the different arms of WTN works within the World Team Project
- Webinars and Annual Event. WTN produces webinars to promote green technology and renewable energy. For its Annual Event, WTN will assemble panels of technical experts on aspects renewable energy and green technology.
Renewable Energy Interactive Conference
World Team Now hosted an Interactive Webinar on Renewable Energy on February 4th 2010 as part of Clean Energy Week 2010. With the many events that took placed in Washington DC, we joined with over 90 other organizations to broaden the reach to the world, so all could participate!
Renewable Energy Interactive Webinar
February 4th , 2010
Experts will share the latest overview on energy, technology & policy for the public, focused on:
- Water: (Tidal Energy, Solar-desalinization, Hydro, Heat pump/Coolant Geothermal)
- Air:(Clean Air Act GHG- EPA regulations, Wind for US & you)
- Transportation (Electric Vehicles emergent & support for US & you)
- Solar (model projects, and how make it profitable for US & you)
- Net Zero Buildings (what this looks like and is for US & you)
This will be a free opportunity for the public to engage in dialogue with experts about emergent renewable energy, technology, and the role of policy. The first 500 people can break out into virtual working groups.
Click here for agenda, schedule and speakers bios
Click here for presentation on Net Zero Building by Ron Judkoff
World Team Now is a 501c3 non-profit organization registered in both New York and California.